Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Third Birthday


If you read my last post “My Fantasy” you know that Final Fantasy and Resident Evil are two of my favorite game series. What if these two series then were to get together and have a baby? What would that look like and would it get their good attributes or end up with every recessive gaming disease known to man? If you want to know then take a quick look back to the Playstation days to a game called Parasite Eve.
            Parasite Eve was a survival horror RPG made my Square Soft and it is one of my favorite games of all time. I won’t do a full review on it now, but basically the game was short (about seven hours), fast paced (new guns/powers every half hour) and full of surprises! It had a great story arc and even mixed in a little bit of science to make it seem more plausible.
            The game had a sequel, which was more gun based but still quite enjoyable. The story didn’t seem over though and I wanted to know more. Then Square announced that they would have a third game on the PSP and I got pretty excited, until they decided a better home for it would be on cell phones; more specifically, Japanese cell phones. I gave up on the title until this past E3 when out of nowhere “The Third Birthday” showed up on the PSP and there was Aya running and gunning across the screen.
            The game looks to be far more of a shooter now than and RPG but a new video was released today to the public and I am more excited than ever before. The creatures you fight look amazing and the game play looks fast paced. Head over to YouTube and take a look if you’re interested, this could turn out to be one of my favorite games of 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment