Sunday, September 26, 2010

Team ICO




When I first got wind of a Team ICO collection similar to that for GOW (thanks walmart for letting secrets slip) I was got pretty excited. I have always wanted to play ICO and thought that a remastered version that was easily accessible would be great to have out there.
            Now though that official details are out I am less excited. It comes as a two pack: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. I guess I already knew that but something about seeing the lousy cover art with both little pictures on it killed my spirts.
            To begins with I already own Shadow of the Colossus. It was good, I honestly didn’t appreciate it as much as everyone else (I attribute it to my state of mind at the time I played it) but I already own it. I don’t want another copy, even if it comes with something I do want. I would rather just buy a remade version of ICO $30 than both at $40. I might even be alright with just the one at $40 because I’m not going to use the second game and it messes up my box art.
            I know that it makes little sense to some people, and I guess there are those who have played neither game, but most people are buying this for ICO and the cover kills the whole experience. The first this I am doing if I buy this game is making a custom cover to resemble the original ICO cover, and by original I mean the PAL version.




No comments:

Post a Comment