Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Knights of the Crystals: Is it worth your time?


If you are like me in anyway you love video games but sometimes you just don’t have the time for them. My favorite tend to be JRPGs which can take a huge commitment of time and honestly aren’t always an option during the school year. The answer to this need might just have been answered in Final Fantasy: Knights of the Crystals.

It is a free game for Facebook, which means you shouldn’t waste your time right? That’s the way I usually feel but this one was made by Square Enix and patterned after Final Fantasy so I thought I would give it a try. Turns out that it’s actually pretty enjoyable. You battle monsters, level up you character, assign stats, collect valuables, and change job classes. It’s by no means a replacement for a real game but it’s definitely a fun way to distress for a few minutes at a time. Once your character has some levels under his/her belt you can even battle other people PVP style to gain new items otherwise unobtainable. If you join a guild or start one with friends you can bring them into boss fights with you and exchange items.

It’s nothing fancy but neither was Pong and I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t enjoy it. Give it a try. It’s free and it will take you 15 minutes a day. Just make sure you do it with friends. Otherwise other guilds will steal all of your money making buying new weapons annoying. 

*EDIT* As an added note. If anyone who knows me wants to try this game out let me know and I'll send you an invite. That allows you to join my guild which provides you with a certain level of protection not otherwise found. Apparently you can't change guilds after joining (something I hope they change after beta) so if you're at all considering this make sure you let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment